Thursday, April 30, 2009

Things that Dangle

Lori, over at "Clearly I Stamp" posted a "Clear Dollar " challenge to add something that dangles to your projects. This challenge was so much fun that I created four projects. Here is my first. I have several items that dangle. I used tissue paper for the pompoms and attached my tags with embroidery floss that hangs on the brads and star punches. Above is a closeup detail. For this project I used Bazzil CS, Provo Craft "Americana" patterned paper, Stampendous "Changito Cheer,"Nestabilities, and Creative Memories star punches. My next card has a beach theme. I stitched around the edges and added dangly beads and shells. I attached the beads and shells to a brad with copper colored wire which I twisted into random swirls. For this project I chose Colorworks CS, DCWV patterned paper from "The Spring Stack,"flip flop stamp from Michaels's, and rhinestones from Queen & Co. I'm ready for warm weather! I attached my bees to pop dots and added dangly patterned swirls of flight with copper colored wire. I used Bazzil and The Paper Company CS, DCWV patterned paper from "The Spring Stack, and stamps from Studio g and Penny Black "Constellations." My final project is a mini tote bag. I designed and made the template myself, and I am pleased with the way it turned out. I made the paper ribbon by repeat stamping the floral design across the ribbon and then coloring. My dangle is a ladybug button that I purchased. I cut the shank off the back and attached it to the ribbon with a pop dot. I used Bazzil CS, Scrapworks "Formal Affair" patterned paper, Martha Stewart doily punch, DaisyD's flowers, Michael's ribbon, and studio g stamps. These projects were so much fun! Add something that dangles to your next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!