Friday, August 16, 2013

A Home for Princess Mermaids

Over the past few days, you have met all of the Princess Mermaids in the Pixie Dust Princess Mermaids Collection. I thought they were so cute that I would turn them into paper dolls for my sweet grandaughter.


 Wouldn't it be fun if the little Mermaids had a place to live? Well they do!  SVG Cuts had the perfect file. The sand castle is from the Wet 'n Wild collection.

I cut strips of CS and folded them into triangles. Then they were glued to the backs of the mermaids so they could stand up.

Rhinestones were added to the turrets,

and shells were scattered for atmosphere.

Here is a close up of the castle decorations.

There is a cut out in the back for a LED votive candle, so the castle lights up. 

Check out the Pixie Dust Studio for these adorable images and many more. You'll LOVE what you find!
CHALLENGES
Delightful Challenges - Anything But a Card

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your creation!!!! so very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your article while I was at work, so I had to come back to it when I got home. I reread it I learned more the second time.



    friv 2

    kizi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute scene Cat... You are so talented with your creations and love this showcasing of all those Pixie Dust mermaids.... So adorbs on each mermaid. Right now I wish I was part mermaid, the weather has been scorching hot here....I would love to be in the water now....LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!