Saturday, April 25, 2009

Last Entries for Design Team

I made a card and gift set as my last entries for Lauren Meader's design team. I used the sketch "my timess30" and added a twist by turning it upside down. I used Bazzil paper, Iced Got Flowers? (which I colored with Marvy markers), pink ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and pink pearls and sentiment from Archiver's. I also used pop dots from my stash. My inspiration was "Enchanted Orchid" shower gel from Bath and Body Works. You can see the bottle on the right side of the photo. I used Lauren's "Captured Card Case" template for the gift set. In addition to items on the card, I used flowers from Garden Ridge and a digital download from Squigglefly. I then colored the hummingbird and outlined it with a gel pen. I used my Creative Memories cutting system to cut an oval and then I added an acetate window. Inside the box are some bath salts tablets that I got at Michel's for $1.00. The heart shaped box contains soap rose petals which I got at the Dollar Tree for $1.00. I just love a bargain! You would never guess how inexpensive this gift set was (unless you read my blog! LOL). I covered the sides of the box with paper from a stack that I purchased at Michael's and used my Hobby Lobby Ribbon for the bow. I used paper from the same stack and ribbon to line the box. If I spend time making a gift, I like it to be pretty on the inside too! This gift smells so good! I think it would make a nice hostess gift if you were going to someone's house for dinner. It could even be a door prize for a shower or Girls' Night Get-Together.

3 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY wonderful - love how you pulled it all together and I really love the "window" in the Captured card case - I'll have to try that on my next time!
    SUper DUper thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just STUNNING! WOW! What a fabulous way to pcakage up a gift! Love the added flower details

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!