Saturday, November 7, 2009

We Felt Like Princesses!

 My two daughters and I spent the night in Port Townsend, WA. We stayed at Manresa Castle. It was a wonderful experience! Because it is not peak tourist season, we got a great price! This is the right side (older section) of the castle.
 This is the left side (newer section) of the castle.
 
Our room  was on the second floor in the older section. It is
pictured above. We had windows across the front of our
room and a side window. From the front windows, we
had a view of the ocean and Canada.

I took this photo from the room through the glass. 

We had a two bedroom suite, with a walk-in closet,
sitting area, and a large bathroom. Lace curtains were
hung at the window, and the bedspreads were a
beautiful polished cotton brocade. The entire hotel
is decorated in a Victorian style with many authentic
period pieces.
This picture was taken of the three of us in the Library
right across from the front desk.
"Ah don't reeeely think ah have much of a suuuuthen
accent, but the man at the desk thought ah diyud!"
He started naming southern states trying to guess where
we were from. My girls and I started out in the same
place, but now we are in three different time zones.
It was so nice to be able to hang out this week, talk,
eat, and shop.
 
 
We ate at the Fountain Cafe. We ordered brie and three
kinds of sandwiches. Then we split everything. Yum!
After that we visited the quaint little nearby shops.
I look forward to the next time when we can all be
together again!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm glad you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be on that castle!!! so beautiful place! I love old houses and antiques so that place is perfect for me ;)
    I´m very glad you´re enjoying your travel! the food looks delicious... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks like a castle for sure! What fun you had! I love the picture of you and your girls. They're beautiful like their mama.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!