Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home is....

Here is my card for Caardvarks Sketchfest Thursday. I wanted a Vintage look, so I stitched the top layer and tore and distressed the edges. I stamped a sentiment on some vellum paper and then ran it through my Cuttlebug in the Swirl embossing folder. Then I attached it to DP.

I cut butterflies with a MS punch and sprayed them with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist. Then Hero Arts rhinestones were added to the centers.
DP is DCWV and My Mind's Eye. Sentiment is Studio g from the dollar bin at Michael's. This card also fits Cute Daisy May- texture and Cupcake Craft-distressing, and Creative Card Crew- decorate the inside.

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and wonderful sentiment. I had a tough time with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a great idea!!! I love how you used the sketch to open the card:)

    Wonderful job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - great take on the challenge, and the sketch! You rock! (got your centerpiece done yet? I think you could win that challenge, girl!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love everything about this! what a completely beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Cat and I love your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining in with us at CDM this week
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cat, what an orginal style of card. Love the papers and the distressed edges and the sentiment is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, I love vintage and your creation is quite fabulous those colours are so rich and elegant also love the butterflies thank you for joining us at CDM this week.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, it is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Cat. Fab papers and shape to it. I love the inside and sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is simply beautiful! Love your work. Thanks for joining the CDM Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Cat, fabulous design and papers. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!