Sunday, October 25, 2009
Shake! Shake! Shake!
This is the first shaker card I have ever made. It's one of those things that I thought some day I might make. Well, some day came today! I saw the cutest shaker cards over at Stamps and Smiles Project Tuesday. I thought this would be the perfect card for my sweet, almost three years old, grandson. He loves cats, spiders, and witches. This card has all three!
I cut a black circle with a Nesties and painted dots around the edges with orange "Smooch." I placed an orange circle in the center and then one of my favorite Softpencil images, Michu on a broomstick.
BTW, ALL Softpencil Halloween images are on sale for $2 each!
I then cut four circle frames, layered, and glued them together, and painted black around the inner and outer rims. I added an acetate circle and a DP frame. I added Halloween confetti that I found at Michael's along with some MS glitter. I had to add the glitter because static kept making the confetti stick to the acetate, and it wouldn't shake! Glitter solved the problem and added some extra sparkle.
Close up of shaker box: glitter, stars, spiders, and ghosts!
Bazzill CS, DCWV DP, MS Spiderweb punch, Hobby Lobby ribbon
This card fits these challenges:
1. Mojo Monday- sketch
2. Cupcake Craft- Things That Go Bump in the Night
3. Tuesday Taggers- Things That Go Bump in the Night- Boo!
4. Kaboodle Doodles- Spooky
5. Stamps and Smiles Project Tuesday- shaker box card
6. Creative Card Crew- card for babies and children
7. ABC- F is for Flying
8. Stamp Something- Halloween
9. Crazy 4 challenges- Square, Circle, Rectangle
10. Secret Crafter- Orange and one other color