Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Softpencil Thursday Preview Day!


I fell in love with this adorable image as soon as I saw it! It's one of Elizabeth's new Valentine images featuring Michu and Michula. They are standing in front of a heart. The heart is blank, so you can put whatever you want inside! I have been wanting to make another shaker card for a few weeks now, and when I saw this image, I knew it was perfect! The twist was to add rhinestones, eyelets, or brads: choose one or all three. I chose rhinestones. The confetti I chose for the shaker reminds me of rhinestones, too. They are tiny, tiny hearts that Look like rhinestones! Perfect! (Double click for a closer view.) Michu and Michula are standing in front of the heart and telling each other what "Love is....". What are they saying? What would you say? One of the things I would say is, "Love is having a husband who loves to cook for me!" Hubby doesn't like to clean up after a meal, and I don't mind at all. He says he would rather cook. He doesn't bake, but I do!
Look at Michula! I colored her as a Valentine Calico cat! She is pink, gray, and white. She even has two heart shaped patches! Can you see them?
You have got to stop by Elizabeth's shop and see her new Valentine images! Valentine's Day will soon be here, and you want to be ready! She also has a link to some FREEBIES at the shop! I hope you'll join us at Paper Craft Planet this week and enter this week's Challenge #17. You could win a voucher for $10 to spend in Elizabeth's shop! While you're there, check out the Tutorial on "How to make a Pop Up Card" posted by our very talented Team Leader, Kerry. For inspiration stop by The rest of the DT and Guest DT blogs. We have a group of very talented ladies! Their links are in my sidebar.
CS is Bazzill and The Paper Studio Glitter. DP is DCWV.

7 comments:

  1. Holy cow Cat!!! This is totally AWESOME!!! Love shaker card! I love how you color Michu and Michula, amazing Cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat,

    You always impress me with your creativity! I love shaker cards, and have only made one of them ever! I need to coreect that soon.

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always amaze me! I love the shaker card idea!!!! And, I love how you colored Mischu & MIschula. Fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the master of the shaker card!!! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove your shaker card Cat!!! great details and beautiful coloring as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!