Saturday, July 18, 2009

Away

Hubby and I are away for a few days. We are visiting friends of Hubby that he grew up with. I love seeing him with them. They relive the "good ole days" and I get a peek of what my husband was like when he was very young. Hubby and I grew up in different states and it is fun to travel around and see where he hung out when he was young. I have my own tour guide! One of my favorite places is Portland Head Light pictured above. I have many pictures of it from previous visits, but I never get tired of seeing it again. It brings back fond memories of when we visited when our own kids were small. The fog was rolling in, and my picture is not as bright as I would like. Another view of Portland Head Light is here, at "The Christmas Tree Shop." I was almost as excited to come here as I was to see the actual lighthouse! We don't have any Christmas Tree shops in my state. They seem to be a Northern chain. I found some items but I didn't see too many crafty things that I wanted to purchase. It was nice to have a girls only shopping spree while the guys watched a Red Sox game. I'll try to post some more news soon. We are awfully busy trying to see all the sights while we are away.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!