Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello, Summer!

I like to decorate for each season, so since the 4th of July just passed, I figured it was time to take down the Spring deco and put up the Summer. Here is my summer basket. When my favorite uncle died, my siblings and I sent a basket to the funeral. Afterwards I was given the basket and decided to use it as my fireside basket. I have boxes of flowers labeled for each season, so I just switch them out. This is my summer design. I love sunflowers! I have even scattered some in the main living areas on shelves and mantles. I won't bore you with all of the pix, but here are a few. This is the wreath that I made. I bought a simple grapevine wreath at Garden Ridge, wired ivy to the wreath, stuck the flowers in place and then hot glued everything when it was where I wanted it. Then I made a raffia bow, wired it together, and wired it to the wreath. Easy! I hung it on the inside door of our family room that opens into the garage. Now I can look at it whenever I want! Moving on to the kitchen! We have a large island in the center (one of our many remodeling projects) that I also like to decorate. The placemats and coasters are from Garden Ridge as is most of the pottery and the fake lemons on the hat (which is a chip and dip bowl.) I needed something to raise the hat up, and I found this cake plate at Hobby Lobby that was just perfect! The bottle on the island is my husband's creation. He found a bottle that he liked at Garden Ridge and filled it with colored water (food coloring). He made labels for the neck and front of the bottle on his computer and labeled the bottle "Margarita Sunset." Double click on pic for a closer view. More sunflowers were sprinkled around as accent pieces. So that is my Summer Deco!

1 comment:

  1. Your decorations are so festive and pretty! Your house looks so cute! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!