Monday, August 10, 2009

Yo Ho!

I made this cute little gable box for Project Tuesday over at Stamps and Smiles. Pirates seem to be very big with little boys now. Georgia's grandson and mine both like pirates. I made it in colors suitable for Halloween. Sweet little A. loves "chocky candy so that is what I will use to fill it. My little pirate is Billy from Pink Cat Studio. I stamped him on Basic Grey and colored him with gel pens and Coal Shimmerz. Brown and orange cardstock is Bazzill, and printed map paper is DCWV "Safari Stack." I love the feel of this paper. It is lightly textured and just feels soft! Plus it comes in cool earth tones. I made a charm by layering paper and stamping on both sides with a coordinating stamp. Then I punched a hole and added a keychain. Ribbon tied around the box and the top completes the project. It also fits two challenges! 1. Stamps and Smiles, Project Tuesday- gable box 2. Stamp Something-use a charm

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cat, your box is adorable, I LOVE the rustic design and super cute Pirate theme.

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday!

    Have a fun week, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project Cat! I love the distressed look. Great job!!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute, I love your handmade charm! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
    Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!!! Love this pirate adn what a fabulous project! thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!