Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's a S2G Blushing Bride Blog Hop!


                            Welcome to the S2G "Blushing Brides" Blog Hop!
This Hop is all about that Special Day in a 'girl's' life! It's ALL about Weddings, Showers, Brides, and LOVE! S2G has created a bunch of NEW Digital Stamps just for the occasion. If you came here from the very talented Jeannie's Blog then you're in the right place! If you just happened to stop by my blog, then head over to the S2G Challenge Blog and start at the beginning.

This image is "Sweet Bride"...and sweet she is! For this image I used "Something Old"-DP, "Something New"- the "Sweet Bride" image, of course, and my new MS lattice heart punch, "Something Borrowed"-the idea to use organza ribbon on cards (Thanks, Georgia!), and "Something Blue"- blue CS and a blue rose. Wouldn't this card be perfect for a bridal shower?

  
If you're going to a bridal shower, it's always fun to receive a party favor!
(My favorite thing to make!)
I made a  silver shoe because "Sweet Bride" is wearing silver shoes. I stitched a tulle bag and filled it with scented bath salt balls that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's.

  
I used the same DP, blue CS, glittered CS, and ribbon that I used on the card.

I used the same digi image on the card to make a tag. I have a hint on how to do this. It would be hard to color an image this small with so many details. What I did was color the image, scan it, and shrink it. It could then be easily cut out and applied to a tag.


The heart and flower match the ones on the card. The shoe design is my very own, and is
COPYRIGHT© 2010 Cat Darling

But wait, I have more to share!

 
This cute image is "Wedding Cake". I envision it as an invitation to a Bridesmaids' Tea hosted by the Bride.
I told you earlier that I LOVE making party favors, and I have one for this party too!

I was lying in bed the other night, unable to sleep, when I had the idea to make a tea cup favor...just perfect for a tea party! I drew a sketch and then worked from there. I used most of the same DP, CS, and embellishments that I used on the card.

Here is a view of the back (not as fancy as the front). I painted around the edges of the handle and base with Gold "Smooch".

And a view of the side. I pleated plain, pink, satin ribbon from Hobby Lobby. I added this gorgeous pink ribbon to the handle that I found at Hobby Lobby.

I made a tag to match the invitation. I colored, scanned, and shrunk the image like I did with "Sweet Bride". What's inside the tea cup? I found a Vintage handkercheif at an Antique shop. Weddings always make me cry! The hanky could be tucked into the bridesmaid's bouquet to carry down the aisle. Other items I would tuck inside the cup would be Lindt's Lindor Chocolate Truffles, a few bags of Spiced Chai Tea, and a Gift Card.
Tea cup is COPYRIGHT© 2010 Cat Darling.

I hope you've enjoyed my part of the "Blushing Brides" Blog Hop. I am always so inspired by S2G images! Next stop on the hop is our very creative DT Coordinator, Debbie! You're sure to find her creations inspiring! Please leave a comment on each of the DT members blogs, and on the S2G Challenge Blog

There will be two prizes: One will be the GRAND PRIZE...which consists of 3 of our NEW Bride Digital Stamps, some Bride Clear Stamps, lots of ribbon, inks, embellies, DPS, glitter & some other fab girly-blingy things! The second prize will be the pick of 2 of our NEW Bride Digital Stamps.

                                              There's more! This is just a peek!

The card challenge this week is "Something Old".  You do not have to use a bride image but you can if you wish. Link your card HERE. After the Hop, stop by the S2G Shop and check out the new digis and Brides and Babies Kits.

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck!


22 comments:

  1. Wow your creations are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could hardly wait to see what you cooked up for this blog hop-I KNEW it would be AMAZING and you didn't disappoint!!! WOWZERS! You are simply the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! Cat that teacup is incredible!!!!! Are you planning on selling your template??? I would love to buy it!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all just wonderful, every bit of it! The details you add are always spot on and your party favors are sure to be keepsakes!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your creations are absolutely stunning! Each one is more beautiful than the next! The shoe is incredible. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's so much here I don't know where to start. I guess the shoe is the thing I have to say is fantastic. I would love to receive that as a favor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous cards and your party favours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your brain hurt????? These are AWESOME!!!!!! I'm at a loss for words!!!! And that is rare!!!! Thank You for participating in the Hop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are gorgeous. I love , love, love the blue set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You did an amazing job creating all this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue color theme of your card, looks gorgeous, and the shoe is stunning, like how you used bath salt ball. Love that cake image as well, you did such an amazing job on all your pojects. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just perfect inspiration! You've got a talented mind! That is just the right thing to do - if you're unable to sleep, get up and write it down and get back to sleep - satisfied! I'm sure your papers and scissors absolutely LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice cards. I love the shoe party favor. Really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! Love the wedding favors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what can I say!! Your projects and crds are amazing! Beautiful work gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again Cat, you have AMAZED me with your INCREDIBLE talent and creativity! Your projects are beyond FABULOUS, GREAT work!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Cat...These are really amazing. I can't believe how creative you are and those templates are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all stupendous, the shoe is such a great idea! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great work! I especially like the big tags. They can work as cards and as tags.
    Thanks for the inspiration. Now I want to do my own tea cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW WOW WOW your projects are certainly FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy Moly! I love all your projects. That shoe is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, your cards & that shoe is so cute!! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete