Thursday, May 27, 2010

Round and Round We Go on this Pixie Dust Thursday!

                         The winner of the "Count the Pearls" Contest is
                                 Lisa B!!!!
Thanks to everyone who entered my "Count the Pearls" Contest celebrating Pixie Dust's newest collection "The Pearl"! I really appreciate your entries and comments on my cards. :) The total number of pearls on all seven of my cards is 28. I used random.org to select a winner from all correct answers. Thanks to Kathy who generously donated a digi for my contest!
 This week's challenge is "Round and Round". Use something on your card that is round. The choice is yours!
 I chose "Wink Pretends"  and "Glub the Fish" from the recently released "On the Prairie" Collection. These images were so much fun to color! I used a combination of watercolor pencils and Copics. This card is also a perfect example of one of the reasons I LOVE digis: they can be resized! Glub has been resized so that he is now big AND little. I also reversed the image. You can't do that with a traditional stamp.
I carried out the round theme with Nesties and a button. What will you choose? I found some swirly paper in my stash that looked like waves, so I used that as a starting point, and chose my colors to coordinate. I used a MS tree branch punch and layered it in two different colors to make coral. Round Stickles dots complete the round theme. I hope you'll enter our challenge HERE. You could win one of Kathy's incredibly cute digis and a Winner's Badge for your blog! Stop by the rest of the DT's blogs and see what amazing projects they have to share with you this week! Their links are in my sidebar.
Kathy will have a brand new release next week, "Oh Happy Day"with EIGHT new digis! Sneak Peeks start on Tuesday! I'll have previews on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Release Day on Thursday. I hope you'll stop by and visit! Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Watch out Wink! The fish are looking at your little worm friend:) Great creative card!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one fabulous card! Love the colors and the coral!
    Hugs. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! One of my faves! This paper works so well with these images, brilliant job :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!