Thursday, May 6, 2010

S2G TT: It's All About Home!

This month's theme is "Home". What does home mean to you?
One, oh so true saying I think of is, "There's No Place Like Home!". You know it's from the classic story, "The Wizard of Oz". But why is Dorothy wearing two pairs of shoes? If you are a Purist, you know! In the book Dorothy's shoes were SILVER! I should know. I read the Wizard of Oz, out loud, every year for 24 years straight to my students! (Not the same ones! LOL...I had a new class each year.) If you haven't read it, you really should! Do you know how the Scarecrow came to be? Do you know that the Tin Man wasn't always made out of tin? These questions are answered in the book. My favorite chapter is about a little Porcelain China World that Dorothy visits near the end of the book. So many adventures that were not shown in the movie. Read it! It's never too late!
Dorothy wore red shoes in the movie. I have been told that the magic slippers change from silver to red in the book and the musical "Wicked". I need to check it out!
The challenge this week is to use the word "Welcome" on your project. Easy! Check out the projects the rest of the S2G DT has created! You'll be inspired by their creativity! Their links are in my sidebar.
Link your card using Mr. Inlink at the S2G Challenge Blog.  Two winners will receive two digis each and Winner's Badge for their blogs. You can find the digi I used and others for all occasions at the S2G Shop! Click your heels together and take a look!

4 comments:

  1. I learned something new and got to see your fantastic card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing this image ever since I discovered S2G-it's those red shoes! The picket fence punch is the finishing touch-got to have it! Another fabulous card, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie and I've never ready the book but you certainly have my curiosity up now!
    What an awesome card you made! Of course I have this image, as a stamp though, and now I need to ink it up again! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL what a fun card you made here Cat! And silver shoes - steady on - you'll be telling me there's no Father Christmas next;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!