Thursday, May 27, 2010

We're Celebrating Fathers on this S2G TT!

We're celebrating all Father figures, whether they be a Dad, Uncle, Brother, etc. I have a Dear BIL who is celebrating a birthday this month, so I made this card for him.

This image is "Bar-B-Que Dad". It comes with several sentiments. They're suitable for Father's Day, but can also be used for other occasions as well. I thought this one was perfect for a birthday. I didn't want it to look too girly so I tried really hard not to over-embellish it! It was so hard not to add ribbon (my favorite embellishment).  I settled for twine instead. The red and white checked DP reminded me of a picnic tablecloth, and the embossed swirls looked like steam from the grill! Stop by the S2G Shop and see what new masculine images the Girls have "cooked" up for you! I hope you'll join our challenge this week and make a card celebrating Fathers. Link it up HERE. Two winners will each receive two digis and a Winner's Badge for their blogs. Stop by the rest of the DT's blogs and see what they've created with these new images! You'll be inspired! The links are in my sidebar.

7 comments:

  1. Cat this is such fun, love the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The DP and coloring are just perfect! Love this:)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat! this guy is just popping out at me! GORGEOUS! he he he! love the picnic look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Cat---yeah, it was a challenge to leave the ribbon and flowers behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that paper with your coloring of this image! Purely delightful!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great. I love the mix of the black and white and the black and red.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!