Saturday, May 1, 2010

Whoo Hoo! I'm a Pixie!!!!!

Whoo Hoo! I'm a Pixie! You know that Wendy (of Peter Pan fame) is my cousin! (That's what I always told my students! LOL)  Now that I'm a  Pixie, I guess I'm related to Tinkerbelle too! I was just thrilled when I got the email from Kathy asking me if I would like to be on the team! Of course I said, "Yes!" Today I get to preview one of the  upcoming new releases that will be available on May 3!
  
For my first posting as a new Pixie Dust DT member, I have a Sneak Peek for you: "Pocket of Love" from the new "On the Prairie" digis. Isn't it adorable? It's perfect for a little boy with the little frog and snake peeking out of the pocket. I know just the little boy that I'm going to send it to....my little three year old grandson! I paper pieced the pocket, traced the stitching with a silver gel pen, and added buttons tied with twine.


My grandson also loves anything with a handle that he can carry around. I found this cute mini lunchbox at a local Dollar Tree. It was decorated with hearts front and back (for Valentine's Day). I snapped it up, because I knew I would use it for something. Did I mention that I get a lot of inspiration from the Dollar Tree? There is always something there that needs to be altered! I covered it with DP from DCWV and Creative Memories. 
 
I made a little pocket out of chipboard and covered it Bazzill CS, DP, and ribbon. The lunchbox is the perfect size to hold a box of crayons, some markers, and a small pad of paper, with room for a snack in the front pocket.
 
"Pocket of Love" also comes with a sentiment "Genuine Boy". I distressed the paper, and then glued it to DP, and placed it on the back of the lunchbox.
 
Check out the Pixie Dust Studio for more cute images and the new releases, "On the Prairie", on May 3. That's this Monday! Stop by here, and I'll have some more "eye candy" for you!

11 comments:

  1. Great that you are also in the Pixie DT Team ! And i love your sneek peek !
    Hugs Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat, these are so fabulous! Great designs and I just adore the lunchbox! Happy to be on the team with you!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat, this is just beyond adorable. What a fun project that lunch box is. WELCOME to the Pixies. I am honored and excited to have you aboard the Pixie Train!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome aboard Cat and your projects are delightful!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team. Love your first project so far. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome I love your projects I am so thrilled to a Paper Pixie with you! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Big CONGRATS!!! I love Pixie Dust Studio too, can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!Love your projects!! The images are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on becoming a DT member :) Well deserved! These creations are sooo stinkin' cute! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw that you are a Pixie - Congratulations! Your creations are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just about the cutest thing EVER! Yet another DT-no rest for the weary but then, I do not think you are weary-you are super charged!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments!